When The ROOT was nothing more than an industrial design concept, the founders retained Porticos to bring their vision to life.
The product brief described an indoor plant system with smart capabilities could distribute nutrients and alert the owners if the plants needed light or water. The product design goal was to turn the design into a high-fidelity prototype.
- Created a 3D model of the ROOT, incorporating a watering pump, dispensing system, and an LED lighting system
- Managed a range of parts, from the small components for assembling the plastics to the large reservoir base which holds gallons of water
- Created detailed designs for volume-manufacturing specifications while the ROOT team conducted tests
- Developed the 3D models for high-volume injection molding, maintaining a bill of materials and assisting with supplier inquiries
- Finalized the first prototype in less than three months