L3Harris, a leader in radio technology for over 80 years, recently partnered with Porticos to develop The XL Converge™ 200P series to meet the demand for LTE-Enabled Radios.
Knowing the new radios would need to remain backward compatible with legacy radio accessories while also channeling cutting-edge advancements in size and quality, Harris came to Porticos for help balancing portability and durability. We are proud to have been chosen as a development partner for these innovative industry-ready devices. With our engineering expertise, L3Harris introduced their next generation of converged XL FAMILY of LTE Land Mobile Radios (LMRs).
Balancing the need for durability and portability is a challenge that Porticos has met before. Porticos team members focused on each aspect of the design to ensure that the modular construction wouldn’t impact the durability.
The radio series balances advanced specifications with incredible durability and portability.
- Able to be cleaned with any common cleanser
- Built on a rigid metal I-beam frame
- Suitable in harsh environments: MIL-STD-810G 511.4 – Explosive Atmosphere; MIL-STD-810G 504.1 – Fluid Contamination; IP-68 Immersion – 2 meters for 4 hours
- Ergonomically built: The radios’ side buttons and top switches were designed to be easy to operate and replace, but are also reliable enough to stay in place during use
Extended Battery Life
In order to meet this project’s goals for extended and upgradeable battery life, Porticos developed an external, replaceable battery with an innovative latch system that is both easy to remove in the field and durable enough to stay in place during harsh use. This allows for easy battery replacement in the field or upgrades to higher-capacity batteries for customers who need them.
After its release, the XL-200P was officially the smallest LTE-capable land mobile radio available. It offers the best in communications technology, including:
- Full-spectrum, multiband radio operations: Single, dual, or all-band operation; VHF, UHF, 700 MHz, and 800 MHz
- Extended battery life: 8-hour standard and 10 hours extended
- Superior audio quality: Custom two-speaker woofer and tweeter design, audio amplifier 1.5-watt rate, 4-watt maximum
- Cutting-Edge Connectivity: GPS, Bluetooth®, Wi-Fi, and LTE capability
Porticos is thankful to have been chosen by Harris and proud of our ability to achieve world-class results by developing the smallest full-spectrum LTE-capable portable radio on the planet; the Harris XL-200P. Learn more about Harris and the XL-200P Series Radios.