Your journey to building a world with optimized products begins with Porticos.
Porticos is a team sport. We rely on the collective innovation and expertise of our team members to provide excellence to our partners and clients. We apply creativity and expertise to a vast array of products: medical devices, IoT, wearable electronics, etc. Our clients range from startups to Fortune-500 companies.
We are expanding our Project Management team and looking for candidates with at least 5 years of industry experience developing handheld devices, benchtop equipment, wearable electronics, and much more.
Porticos has a great work culture, stellar benefits, and a long record of successful New Product Development.
The Project Manager serves as the project interface to coordinate product development between the customer, Porticos team, and third parties. They will translate customer requirements into product requirements, develop a project schedule, provide the management team with resource requirements, manage the customer relationship, and lead a team of Porticos engineers. The role will require an understanding of the product development process, customer relationship skills, good team leadership, and the ability to manage diverse and concurrent activities. The variety of projects will require some flexibility with respect to approach and style.
- Planning and tracking requirements, schedule, milestones, and deliverables.
- Recognize and manage scope change, including cost impact and change approvals
- Project reporting and customer communication of technical, budget, and schedule status.
- Coordinating internal expectations to development teams (dates and deliverables).
- Forecasting workload, or adjusting workload to accommodate resource availability.
- Compliance with project requirements and goals.
- Identification of project risks – technical and schedule/budget – with mitigation strategy planning.
- High-level quality oversight of design engineering customer deliverables.
- Coordination and prioritization of project activities.
- Maintaining customer relationships.
- Contribution to the generation and maintenance of electrical, firmware, software, mechanical, and systems engineering design files, documentation and testing/validation plans, as well as related technical documentation.
- Working within a multi-discipline team in the generation and presentation of proposals for new or follow-on Projects.
- MS Office Suite
- MS Project
- Strong language skills to document and communicate all aspects of projects to customers, Porticos engineers, and suppliers.
- Excellent organizational skills
- BS Engineering. Ideally Electrical Engineering, Electrical, and Computer Engineering, or Mechanical.
- 7+ years of relevant technical product development experience.
- Applicable experience in project leadership and/or project management.
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
Porticos is a true turnkey product development firm. Our engineers, propelling global brands and ambitious start-ups to success. We build breakthrough products and services – from insight to ideas, prototypes to production – bringing innovation to life. Our teams are multi-disciplinary, innovative, experienced, and engineering excellence for our range of clients.
We rely as much on inspiration and imagination as on knowledge and expertise. We go beyond technical requirements, to a place of close communication, shared vision, and common purpose.
We exist to drive our clients’ success through innovation and expertise.
OUR CORE VALUES
Innovation: We solve complex problems with creative solutions.
Trust: Relationships built on mutual trust and respect are at the core of who we are.
Community: We don’t just build things, we build relationships
Teamwork: Porticos is a team sport. We rely on the collective innovation and expertise of our team members to provide excellence to our partners and clients.
Experience: Porticos engineers have extensive experience in all aspects of product design and development. We’ve done this before. We’re good at it. We know what we are doing.
As a product development service company, Porticos works with the client to develop a custom solution to meet their needs. Our goal with every project is advancing technology and innovation to improve lives.